Friday, July 12, 2013

10 Minute Personalized Map Necklace

     I love walking through the jewelry aisles at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I get so tempted by all the pretty beads and baubles. I have to admit that I have a small pile of pretties I've bought that I haven't done anything with yet.
     So today I got out one of those items to use.

 
It took me only about ten minutes to make this necklace.

I chose a map of Heidelberg, Germany because that's where my hubby and I lived
when we first got married.

 
I used this set that I got at Michaels. It's a Found Objects Frame made by Bead Landing.
It comes with two round frames and two adhesive circles.

 
I placed one adhesive circle on a map making sure that the part I wanted to feature was 
in the center of the circle.
Then I trimmed the excess map from around the clear circle.

 
I adhered the circle map to the frame with a little bit of E600. I just used a toothpick to smooth around the glue so the entire back was covered.
 
 
Finally I used a small jump ring to attach the frame to a ball chain.
 

After giving it 24 hours to dry, I now have a fun necklace featuring a very special place.
 
Now I still have one more frame to use- don't know what I'll do with that one. . .
 

If you like this idea, but don't want to use a map, you could use anything- a photograph, scrapbook paper, or even dictionary paper like this one.
 
How about you? Do you get carried away and buy stuff that you don't get around to using?
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and you will be saved, you and your household."
Acts 16:31
 
 

No comments: