Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Recipe of the Week #75- Olive Garden Bread Sticks

Olive Garden Bread Sticks
1 1/3 cup water
1 1/2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast (1 packet)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
cooking spray
garlic salt

Mix together 1 1/2 Tbsp softened butter, flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and water until smooth. When dough becomes too hard to mix, knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
Make bread sticks about 5-6" long with a 1 1/2" thickness.
Place on a baking sheet leaving space in between the bread sticks. Cover pan with a towel and allow to rise until they are double size (60-80 minutes).
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve warm with marinara sauce.

These were pretty tasty, but weren't as light as Olive Garden bread sticks. Perhaps I didn't knead them for long enough? My children had no complaints though! They ate them all up!

I served these with the Baked Raviolis that I showed you last week.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Let the peoples praise You, O God; let all the peoples praise You.
Psalm 67:3


This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog.

1 comment:

Loretta E. said...

I have so many good memories about going to Olive Garden when we went to the 'big city' in my younger days! And I always demolished the breadsticks :)