Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Recipe of the Week # 76- Slow Cooker Maple and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin

Slow Cooker Maple and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
2 lb pork tenderloin
salt and pepper to taste
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup maple syrup (or 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup)
4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp balsamic or cider vinegar
1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp cold water

Sprinkle tenderloin lightly with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker. Combine garlic, mushroom, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme, and syrup and pour over pork, coating it thoroughly.
Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Remove pork to plate and keep warm. Pour juices in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Combine corn starch and water, then whisk into the juices. Cook for 1 more minute. Use as sauce for the pork.

Note: I used garlic powder in place of minced garlic.

This was fantastic. I was a little skeptical when I saw that it called for syrup, but I was plesantly surprised!

I found this recipe over at this blog.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me!
Psalm 66:20
 
 
This post is linked to My Girlish Whims and Between Naps On the Porch.

No comments: