Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Layout of the Week #60- Using Letter Stamps For Your Title

     I have a few sets of letter stamps that have just been gathering dust, so I thought I'd get them out, dust them off, and put them to use.
     So for today's Layout of the Week, we'll be using letter stamps for our title.

 
Here's the layout we'll be making. Yours will look similar, but not identical as you'll hopefully be using supplies that you have on hand.
Just follow these simple steps.


To make it, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" pattern paper (this will work well with one that has a pattern around the edges)
one 1" x 12" strip of pattern paper (I cut mine off the striped paper)
two small rectangular embellishments (I used tickets)
two types of decorative tape (if you don't have any, just use strips of pattern paper)
letter stamps
ink
paper trimmer
adhesive
 
 
Adhere the 1"x12" strip of pattern paper about 4" above the bottom of the paper. You may need to adjust this depending on the background pattern. (I actually overlapped a couple of the printed embellishments on my paper.)
 
 
Adhere three photos along the top edge of the paper strip.
I trimmed mine so they were all different heights.
Then trim one photo to 2"x 2". Adhere it to overlap the top of the left and center photos.
 
 
Use your letter stamps to stamp the title below the photos close to the right edge.
Adhere one strip of decorative tape along the photo on the far left.
Then place your two rectangular embellishments above that.
I staggered mine so the edges didn't line up.
 
 
These next two steps are optional.
If you'd like, add two strips of decorative tape in the upper right corner of the background paper.
Also, I added letter stickers to add extra words to my title.
 
 
Add your journaling beneath the title.
Note: My letter stamps were just outlines, so I colored the letters in with colored pencils. I think it made them pop more.
Ta-da! We're done! A few easy steps to document a memory.
 
     I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I do a Layout of the Week every Wednesday. Feel free to stop by and give it a whirl! I intend for the layout to be simple and easy to follow. I also encourage you to use supplies you all ready have rather than having to go out and buy something new. If I'm using an item that you don't have, replace it with something else.
     I intend for my tutorials to be generic enough that you can use them for any topic or theme. I'm hoping this feature helps you to get some of your photos scrapbooked and to use up supplies that you have.
     If there is some topic that I haven't covered that you'd like to see, please leave me a comment letting me know. If I'm not explaining it well enough, please let me know.
     Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
Wait for the Lord, and He will save you.
Proverbs 20:22

This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog and Ivy and Elephants.

No comments: