Monday, July 1, 2013

Oh, Say Can You See?

     Want a quick patriotic themed project just in time for the Fourth?
How about this paint chip banner?
All you need to make it is:
small rectangle paint chips (I used six)
small flags (I used three)
twine
small clothespins
optional: patriotic stickers
red, white, and blue ribbon
First, you need to determine how long you want your bunting to be. Cut the twine longer than that. You can always trim the twine when you're done, but you can't add extra twine if needed. I have learned this lesson the hard way.
Then all you have to is use the tiny clothespins to attach the flags and paint chips. I wanted a flag at each end, so I started at the far left and placed one flag, then a paint chip in blue, white,and red. Then I did that again and ended with a flag. If you are making yours longer, just keep adding paint chips and flags.
You can stop there if you want to keep it simple.

If you'd like to go a step farther, you could add patriotic stickers to the bottoms of the paint chips. You can also add red, white, and blue ribbon to the twine in between the flags and paint chips.

How's that for simple?!?

I got my paint chips at Home Depot. I love using them in projects.
I got the flags at Michaels.
My ribbon and tiny clothes pins came from the Target dollar section, but you could find both of those items at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
This would be easy enough to do for any holiday as long as you just choose different color paint chips. It would be really cute to coordinate one for a birthday party!
If you like this project, you may like this project using clothespins or this project featuring a banner made from sheet music.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
The Lord shall reign forever and ever.
Exodus 15:18

1 comment:

SewSweetVIntage said...

Just pinned your sweet paint chipped banner! Love this month because So many neat American style ideas:)