Friday, July 5, 2013

Rosette Headband DIY

     I love wearing flowers in my hair- both fabric flowers and artificial flowers. Sheesh, if I could figure out how, I'd wear real flowers in my hair!:)
     So, today I'm going to show you how I made a quick rosette headband.

 
Here is my sister modeling the headband.

 
All I used to make it is:
an elastic headband (I got a set of six for around three dollars at Walmart)
rosette trim (I got mine at Hobby Lobby. It was leftover from this project.)
felt - the same color as my rosette
scissors
pen
glue gun

 
First, I trimmed three rosettes from the trim.
I left a little of the tulle around them to add to the cuteness:)

 
Then I arranged the rosettes in a triangle on the felt.
I used felt the same color as the rosettes, so if it shows through, it will blend in.
I used a pen to trace around them.

 
Next, I trimmed about 1/4" inside my traced lines. I didn't want any ink on the piece that I cut out.

 
I used my glue gun to attach the headband to the felt.

 
Then I glued the rosettes on top of that.

 
Here's what it looks like on the back. The headband is sandwiched in between the rosettes and the felt. This should make the headband sturdier.

 
Ta- da! My sister happened to be over when I made this and she was so gracious to pose for me. I told her that my boys are not willing to be models for my projects like this! Isn't she cute?
 
We were just out shopping after lunch, and I kept showing her cute headbands. I hate to pay money for something I can make myself. . . so I came home and did so. This headband was so easy, I plan to make it in several different colors.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life.
He who comes to Me shall never hunger,
and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."
John 6:35
 
 

No comments: