Saturday, July 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ethan!


     Twelve years ago, I was blessed with a beautiful and tiny baby boy. He was hungry from the get go. He must've read the book on nursing before he came out because I didn't have to show him what to do!
     For the first eleven months, he was pretty quiet (except for some long crying jags), and didn't really have much personality. Then something happened. . . I don't know what, but he all the sudden was overflowing with character! He developed a sense of humor and loved being the center of attention. Oftentimes he'd do something silly and say, "See dis new tick?" (see this new trick). We never knew what he'd say or do.
     Around the age of two, he developed a licking habit- instead of giving kisses, he gave licks. I recall standing at the Walmart checkout and feeling him lick from one hip and across my bottom to my other hip. I can only wonder what the people in line behind me thought.
     When he was three, he decided that he could no longer wear socks with his shoes. Boy, did his feet stink! He took a stance on this and many other things, and it was usually opposite my opinion.
     At four and a half, he started writing notes to people- with a little help with his spelling. One day he asked for a snack and I told him to wait a little bit. He sat down with a marker and a pen, and after having me spell "Don't" and "Me," he handed me a note that said, "U don't love me." I laughed so hard, then got him a snack.
     I truly could tell you stories about this boy all day long. If you came over to my house, I could sit you down with scrapbooks and show you photos, too.:)

     I like to say that Ethan is like an exclamation mark. He's loud, he gets excited easily, and he's always moving. He's full of enthusiasm and he talks with his whole body.
     I love listening to his stories. I love watching him play his guitar. I love watching his expressions and reactions. I love that he's still a Mama's boy.
     I am so blessed to have this boy in my life. I am so proud of him.
     I love you to the moon and back and to infinity and beyond, Ethan.

     Thank you for stopping by and God bless.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27


This post is linked to Be Different Act Normal and I Heart Naptime.

1 comment:

holdtheoffice.com said...

Very cute birthday message for you son:) I think the "quirks" are what makes kids so great.

Nicole
HoldtheOffice.com