Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #76

     Do you ever get a glimpse of a yard sale and what you see gets you so excited that you can't wait to get up in there? Well, that's how I felt about this estate sale when I saw it.

 
I could see from the road that there was a lot of furniture. When I spotted this beautiful dresser, I asked the lady how much she wanted for it. She said, are you ready for this?, "I'll take twenty dollars for it." I do believe that my jaw dropped.
Now, let me tell you that not only do I not need any more furniture in my house, but I don't have room for any more furniture in my house. But I couldn't believe her price.
So now I have a beautiful yellow dresser with a matching mirror sitting in my driveway until I can find a place for it in my house.
 
Isn't it so beautiful?

 
I also got this vintage suitcase for $2. Great deal if you ask me.
A girl can never have too many old suitcases- unless you ask my hubby.
He would probably beg to differ:)

 
Books were only a dime, so I went through all that she had. I got 12. I got a couple that I want to read, a couple for the library at church, and several to turn into journals like this.

 
The last thing I found was this vintage linen with beautiful embroidery work. I only paid a dollar for it! I know some lady put hours of work into this. I just love it!
 
 
I am super excited because as I was reading the town paper today, I saw that there are two estate sales tomorrow. Yippee!
I hope you all take a little time for some secondhand shopping this week.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Show us Your mercy, Lord, and grant us Your salvation.
Psalm 85:7
 
This post is linked to Embracing Change and 52 Mantles.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love all your finds. I feel just as you do and identify with you. But HOW do you keep packing things into your house?? And how do you live at peace with your husband when you both don't obviously see these treasures the same way? I only ask, because I'm in the same boat as you! Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in stuff, but I'm the one that got myself in that place!!

Stacey said...

That is a fabulous dresser! Great find!!
Stacey of Embracing Change